Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Tuna and Avocado Salad





         Lots of people I know keep asking me for a simple recipe, that doesn’t have a lot of ingredients, and takes five minutes. Well, to be perfectly honest, most of my cooking isn’t really like that. I build flavor, and sometimes flavor takes time and many ingredients, and usually those dishes are reserved for dinner. I do tend to make quick things for lunch, however, and this is something I make all the time. I hesitate to even call it a recipe, because it is THAT simple and straightforward. It’s full of healthy protein and healthy fats, and goes great with raw veggies, for added nutrition.

Ingredients:

1 can of Tuna (preferably wild caught, I buy this brand in bulk at Costco)
1 Avocado, diced
2 tablespoons of finely diced red onions
Juice of half a lime or lemon
1 Tablespoon of really good Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper to taste


  • Pop your can of tuna open, and drain off the water. Flake the tuna apart with a fork and toss it in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Mix lightly with the fork, and eat!

       My favorite way to eat this tuna salad is with organic baby carrots (also found at Costco), but you could use this recipe to complete a salad with mixed greens, or you could roll these up into lettuce wraps with sliced peppers, shredded carrots, radishes or whatever raw veggies you like. 

Need to know how to dice an avocado? Check this post out.
Need to know how to choose a nice, ripe avocado? Check out this post.
Need to know how to dice an onion? Check out this post. 

  See? I can do simple! I promise!

1 comment:

  1. People should keep on trying new recepies for themselves or to make themselves busy. This seems to be a great recepie. I will try making this.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs