Thursday, February 20, 2014

Spinach and Salami Salad with Dried Apples and Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette

My mom would be proud of me - I am learning to eat spinach. I honestly used to get nauseated by spinach, but it is just SO good for you, that I decided to conquer my phobia and abhorrence of this protein and vitamin packed green. Seriously, I'm sure my little brother remembers me throwing temper tantrums as a child when presented with spinach at the dinner table.

So I've found that I prefer raw or just barely cooked spinach, and I MUCH prefer baby spinach to the "adult" spinach. I always buy organic as I buy most lettuces organic because of disgusting pesticides, but the good news is that you can really find organic baby spinach in most ANY grocery store for pretty cheap.

So I have been making spinach salads to eat for lunch, but I just made this one today, and I LOVED the combination. Bonus? Most of the ingredients can be found at Costco.... #totalcostcoaddict




|Spinach and Salami Salad with Dried Apples|

Ingredients for one, lunch sized salad:

Large handful of Organic Baby Spinach Leaves
1 oz thinly sliced red onions
2 oz. sliced salami
1/4 cup dried organic apples
fresh ground pepper
Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette, recipe to follow


Directions:

Super easy - throw everything in a bowl and make sure to top with fresh ground pepper and a drizzle of the dressing!

|Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette|

*This is one of my husband's favorite dressings!*

1/2 cup of Paleo Mayo (this is my favorite recipe)
2 Tablespoons of Organic Dijon Mustard
1 teaspoon organic dried oregano
2 cloves of minced garlic
1/4 cup of Organic Balsamic Vinegar
2 pinches of salt
fresh ground pepper to taste (I like a LOT)

Mix all ingredients together with a whisk and store in a mason jar for up to a week.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs